Loneliness is the poverty of self, solitude is the richness of self. ~ May Sarton
Tagged by Battledancingglitterunicorns
In a text post, list ten books that have stayed with you in some way. Don’t take but a few minutes, and don’t think too hard — they don’t have to be the “right” or “great” works, just the ones that have touched you. Tag some friends and make sure you let your friends know you’ve tagged them.
1. The Road Less Traveled by M. Scott Peck
2. A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson
3. The Gifts of Imperfection by Brene Brown
4. Alcoholics Anonymous by Alcoholics Anonymous
5. The Bible, a collaboration between various authors and the Holy Spirit
6. Walden by Henry David Thoreau
7. The Color Purple by Alice Walker
8. Velvet Elvis by Rob Bell
9. Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller
10. Why are All the Black Kids Sitting Together in the Cafeteria by Beverly Tatum
my observations about the list;
1. I was surprised how many spiritual books I included. Must be because I am a Hippie Catholic or something!
2. I read novels and enjoy them quite a bit. I am surprised only one made the list. “To Kill a Mockingbird” would be included if I had to do the list over again. Atticus Finch is my favorite fictional character.
3. All of the books I read in the last 10 years, I have nothing on the list before then. I have no clue what this means.
4. I also included no clinical books, but I would have included Seeking Safety by Lisa Najavitz if I did.
I was always looking outside myself for strength and confidence but it comes from within. It was there all the time. - Anna Freud
i still get anxiety on the first day of school.
i’m 52, working on my master’s degree